VicRoads advises there are changes to the Road Rules, effective as of 30 June 2012.
- A new offence for drivers not to block crossings
- A new requirement for drivers of heavy vehicles when setting out portable warning triangles to warn other road users about a stopped heavy vehicle or fallen load;
- Clarification of the 200 metre minimum following distance for road trains behind a long vehicle;
- Clarification of the rules for drivers at tram stops;
- Minor clarifications to ensure the relevance and enforceability of the rules.
Click here to view the June 2012 Changes to the Road Rules FAQs for more information.